Our vision is that the landscape and nursery industry of Saskatchewan be an example of professionalism and integrity, a leader in environmental improvement, and recognized as a provider of quality goods and services to our communities.
Code of Contact
Members of the Saskatchewan Nursery Landscape Association are expected to observe the code in spirit as well as in letter. The code outlines the most important standards of ethical and professional conduct by which members are expected to abide at all times in their day-to-day activities. It is by maintaining this code that we can strive to achieve our vision.
- Members shall act fairly, honestly and in a manner they would be prepared to defend publicly in all aspects of the practice of ornamental horticulture.
- Members shall endeavour to serve clients with integrity, knowledge, and creative ability.
- Members shall provide only the highest level of professional services to clients and others in the industry.
- Members have a responsibility to provide constructive professional criticism when necessary to ensure the continued quality of goods and services.
- Members shall not make a false or malicious statement that may injure the professional reputation of another member.
- Members should work to maintain confidence and trust in the profession of ornamental horticulture.
- Members' advertising shall be neither false nor in any way misleading.
- Members have an obligation to render goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner in order to protect the client's interest while maintaining acceptable standards.
- Members have an ongoing responsibility to improve their own professional knowledge and skills and keep abreast of new developments in their industry.
- Members shall encourage education and research within the horticultural field.
- Members shall endeavour to attract to the profession, individuals with a high degree of honesty, courtesy, integrity, and competence.
- Members have a responsibility to pay their suppliers.
- Members will perform work or supply goods according to industry standards such as the Canadian Standards for Nursery Stock and/or specifications written in the contract.
- Members shall comply with all federal, provincial and municipal laws governing the operation of a business.
- Members shall continually strive toward the betterment of the environment through their dedication to the profession of horticulture.
Send us an E-mail! Rebecca Doutre (Manager of Provincial Relations, CNLA/SNLA Staff) - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-383-4711