Stumped on what gifts to give for Christmas this year? Sometimes, the best gifts are the ones that you create yourself. This Christmas, put your creativity to the test by making gifts for your friends and family utilizing supplies from your own garden.
Christmas is one of those holidays where you can embrace your ingenuity since there are a variety of plants, trees, berries and fruits in season that can make your Christmas decorations and gifts one-of-a-kind masterpieces.
Landscape professionals recommend using cuttings from your own garden from plants such as Holly, White pine, Cedar, and Euonymus. Perhaps you may have some interesting Evergreen Magnolia, Corkscrew Hazel or Fasciated Willow that you could incorporate. Also, consider using Dried fruits and Pine cones.
Looking for ways to use these supplies as gifts or decorations? Here are some tips from landscape professionals:
- Since everyone is always visiting friends and family during the holidays, what better way to thank your host than showing up with a decorative arrangement you created yourself?
- When wrapping your gifts, instead of using bows, create your own gift toppers out of clusters of pine cones and dried fruit.
- Hosting your own holiday party? Take cuttings of your favourite plants or trees, such as Holly, and create mini-arrangements as favours for your guests to take home.
- Instead of buying a wreath for your front door this year try your hand at making your own out of evergreens, berries and pinecones.
- Want to spruce up your entranceway? Create your own urn by combining Cedar, Dogwood, Willows and Evergreens.
Unleash your creativity and share your holiday joy this year with gifts from the garden.